No products in the cart.
A/W trends & collections at PURE and Margin, London ….. Aug 10
Freshly back from a successful buying trip at PURE fashion trade show in London, I thought I would share some of the hot new talent I’ve discovered, keep you updated on the latest trend reports and give you a sneaky peak of some of the new collections on their way to The Stellar Boutique this Autumn.
‘PURE’ at Olympia, a vast exhibition spanning numerous halls and floors, houses established labels along side fresh new fashion brands. Catwalk shows and trend seminars help buyers keep their jewel clad fingers firmly on the fashion pulse. I managed to catch the trend seminar with Lorraine Kelly’s fashion guru of GMTV, Mark Heyes, talking us through the key trends emerging for A/W 10.
Here’s a round up of some of the looks unveiled at the show….
- Military – it seems we cannot get enough of the Army & Navy look! Military has been in fashion for the last 10 years now and is still very prevalent for A/W 10
- Fatigued looks – anything with a battered washed out effect is bang on trend
- Animal motifs – birds in particular are having their moment!
- Folk – this on going trend of late is moving more towards the Native American vibe, think feathers, tassels and beaded embroidery
- Eighties – still the big vintage trend, loose tops, bold print leggings and shoulder pads are still key this season
- Fifties – the classic 50s silhouette, nipped in waists and 3/4 length skirts are making a come back
- Digital prints – bold, futuristic prints have been big all year but look for cut out geometric shapes and panelling to bring this look forward
- Denim on Denim – that once cringe worthy fashion faux pas is rocking the streets and catwalks
- Gothic – cobweb knits are big for autumn, a trend inspired by the current vampire obsession
- Trousers – It’s all about khaki. Cargo style harem pants, loose carrot shaped 80s trousers and jodhpurs are the key styles to look out for
- Soft, feminine tailoring – best suited to fine knitwear
- Preppy – the baseball jacket is making a come back, think ‘Vampire Weekend meets Teenwolf’ !
- Florals – still big this season but moving towards a more ‘furnishing floral’ look (now you can make good use of those dodgy old curtains!)
- Nudes – still the main colour pallet but with more ballet shades coming through
- Aviator – time to ditch your beloved biker jacket in favour of the wool lined aviator jacket
And here’s a little glimpse of one collection by ‘Glamorous’ on its way to The Stellar Boutique this Autumn. Fresh off the rails the collection will be on sale in October. The range is a beautiful mix of soft knits, military tailoring, cargo harem trousers, girly jumpsuits and a chunky, oversized cable knit cardi perfect for those cosy winter evenings!
Over the same weekend is an alternative, much smaller trade show called Margin, in The Music Rooms on South Moulton lane. I love this small independently run exhibition set up to support up and coming designers who don’t have the big budget to exhibit at larger shows. It gives you the opportunity to discover hot new talent and is generally slightly edgier, less commercial fashion. Super cool jewellery label ‘Stolen Thunder’ were exhibiting this year. I have been following this hot new design duo for the last 12 months and have decided to stock a few pieces this coming autumn. Even more excitingly, they recently collaborated with one of my favourite female artists of the moment, Marina and the Diamonds, and designed a collection of jewellery to support her recent sell out tour, The family jewels. I have some of the rings and pendants from this range on order as well as their quirky, nostalgic bamboo pieces. Here is Marina and the Diamonds at Glastonbury wearing the signature diamond glasses …….. Elton John GET INVOLVED!!!